Perfect with morning coffee or brunch
Coconut Lemon & Blueberry Mini Muffins
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 Tablespoons sweetener of choice (I used Sukrin Gold)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tablespoons oil of choice
- 1 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Unsweetened shredded coconut mixed with a little Sukrin Gold (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a mini muffin pan with a non-stick baking spray or butter (I used butter). Set aside.
- Prepare toppings by placing them in small bowls.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (coconut flour, sweetener, baking powder, baking soda and salt).
- In a large measuring cup, whisk together almond milk, cream and lemon juice. Let stand 2 to 3 minutes until the milk sours. Add egg, vanilla and oil and whisk together.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir together just until combined. Slightly lumpy batter is okay. Do not overmix!
- Place one tablespoon in each muffin cup. Top with desired toppings.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the tops are puffed up and set.
- Cool muffins in the pan for 10 minutes, remove from the pan.
I had a little leftover batter so I sprayed a ramekin with non stick spray and microwaved it for one minute, just as delicious!!!
You can drizzle with a cream cheese icing if desired.
Cream Cheese Icing
3 tablespoons cream cheese
3 tablespoons powdered erythritol
Unsweetened almond or nut milk of choice
Soften cream cheese in microwave for about 10-15 seconds, remove.
Stir in powdered sweetener until smooth, add milk til desired consistency. Drizzle over muffins