Nothing says Fall like S’mores! Chilly weather, campfires, cocoa, and S’mores are a traditional favorite in our house. These Keto Marshmallows are the key to your love of marshmallows, wether you’re making s’mores or topping off your cocoa!
Because I am a fur mama I don’t use xylitol in my house, it is highly poisonous for your pets. I am using a blend of allulose and monkfruit (Lakanto Golden) for this recipe.
You can find everything you need for this recipe in my Amazon Store: Keto For Real Life People. As an affiliate I make a small commission off of each sale, the price you pay is not effected.
- 2/3 cup allulose
- 2/3 cup Lakanto golden
- 3 packets gelatin
- 1/2 cup water (for gelatin)
- 2/3 cup water for sweetener
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla or flavoring of choice
- Place the gelatin into the bowl of stand mixer along with 1/2 cup of the water. Have the whisk attachment standing by.
- Pour the water (2/3 cup) into a saucepan, and add the allulose/lakanto into the center without stirring (they don’t form crystals, but just in case). Bring to a boil over medium heat, allowing the sweetener to completely dissolve by giving the saucepan some light shakes, keeping the mixture at a rolling boil for about 2 minutes.
- Turn on your mixer on low to break up the gelatin, and quickly pour in your hot syrup (trying to avoid the sides of your bowl so it doesn’t cool down). Increase your speed to high, and whisk non-stop for about 15 minutes. Sprinkle in the salt at about minute 8 and the vanilla extract and xanthin gum at minute 12. At this point your mixture should be light and fluffy.Allow your marshmallows to dry, uncovered and at room temperature, for 6 hours or preferably overnight. Gently remove from pan and cut with a greased knife or cookie cutter for special shapes.
- You can dust your marshmallows with sifted powdered sweetener if desired, store in a cool, dry place for a couple weeks, you can freeze them as well.
Sat. Fat (grams)
CAN YOU FREEZE SUGAR-FREE MARSHMALLOWS?
Yes, you can! For best results, arrange them in a single layer on a parchment lined baking sheet and place in the freezer. Once solid, you can transfer them to a freezer bag for storage.
To thaw, place them in the fridge overnight, or on the counter.
CUT INTO ANY SIZE
Mini marshmallows are awesome for topping your Hot Cocoa too!
I encourage everyone to calculate macros for themselves. You will be learning how many carbs there are in individual foods and as people use various brands and ingredients it will be more accurate.
The recipe goes from mixing bowl to sitting for 6 hours. Do we pour it into a jelly roll pan? How do we shape them into marshmallow shapes?
Hi Jo, you spread it into a jelly roll pan or sheet pan and let it cool uncovered.
What size pan do you recommend to spread the goo into? Want to be properly prepared. Can’t wait to make these! Thanks for the recipe!
Hi! What’s the basis for using the two different sweeteners? Thanks!
Comments are closed.