Ahhh, peanut butter cups, everyone loves that famous candy! I remember being a kid and going through my Halloween candy picking out all the Reeces first. I can still here my mom, “Only one piece!” as if that was really going to happen! I still love them and now that I’m keto I find myself occasionally buying a commercial brand to satisfy my cravings. They’re pretty tasty but usually have some nasty ingredient in them that will definitely cause some unpleasant side effects. My second favorite snack in my pre keto days were cookies, any cookie dunked in a glass of cold milk. Being keto doesn’t mean you still can’t enjoy these favorite treats anymore, you can still enjoy them (in moderation course)!
So, I love the company Perfect Keto, it is a company that makes all kinds of yummy products. I also like them because I never have to question the ingredients they use, they are always so clean and top quality! I recently got a box of their newest keto bars, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip ( which by the way are on sale until October 9th!) and let me tell you, they are delicious all on their own! My whole family gave them a thumbs up which is unusual because someone is always like, “I don’t like it”! Anyhow, we all liked them but my first thought was how awesome they would be as a crust for a pie or cookie! I told my family to back off my stash because these bars were meant for bigger and better things, lol!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Cups
- 1 Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Perfect Keto Bar
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter (I used creamy)
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon vanilla egg white protein powder
- 2 tablespoons powdered erythritol, I use So Nourished
- 2 drops liquid stevia, I use Now Better Stevia
- 1/3 cup semi sweet chocolate chips, I used Wholesome Provisions
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil.
- Mix peanut butter, butter, protein powder, powdered erythritol, and stevia together in a small bowl, set aside.
- Place keto bar in blender or food processor and blend until fine crumbs
- Pour crumbs into non stick 4 inch tart pan and press until sides and bottom is packed down.
- Pour peanut butter mixture into pa, leave enough room to top with chocolate.
- In separate bowl add chocolate chips, melt in microwave for 30 seconds, stir until smooth, add coconut oil and a drop of stevia and stir to combine.
- Pour over top, place on small saucer and refrigerate until chocolate is completely set. Enjoy!
I share links for as many of the ingredients as I can as I am always being asked about them. Feel free to use your favorite brands!
I encourage everyone to calculate macros for themselves. You will be learning how many carbs there are in individual foods and as people use various brands and ingredients it will be more accurate. Happy Keto!