I adore chicken salad, I love how easy it is to make yet it has so much flavor! Since starting my keto journey I kinda miss my traditional favorite, you know the one that has apples, cranberries, and is served on a croissant… anywhoo, I think I figured out a way to make chicken salad taste fruity and nutty and without all the carbs.
I like my chicken salad a little creamy so I gave guidelines rather than a specific amount of mayonnaise, if you want less mayonnaise, use less, want more cinnamon add more. You can play with the spices to suit your personal needs. I know this is going to be a keeper here at the Childress house.
You might be wondering what you should serve this with… I ate it with Flackers the first time I made it, lettuce wraps are also a great option and you can’t go wrong with Nutritional Yeast Bread or Nu Keto Bread!
Don’t forget about Miracle Dough either, you can make your own wraps, crackers, or chips to serve it on.
Holiday Chicken Salad
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 1/2 -2/3 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 -1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground star anise (optional)
- 1-2 tablespoons sweetener of choice (I used Lakanto Golden)
- 1-2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1-2 drops of orange extract
- 1/3 cup green onion, diced
- 1/4 cup walnuts, macadamia, or pecans, rough chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- In medium size bowl, mix mayonnaise, spices, green onions, and nuts together to combine.
- Stir in chicken and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve right away or for best results allow to chill for one hour or more.
Sat. Fat (grams)