I love appetizers for my main meal and one of my favorites is stuffed mushrooms.
1 lb ground beef, turkey, pork, or chicken
1 lb mushrooms
1/2 medium sized onion, diced
2 cloves garlic minced
1/4 cup red wine or broth
2-3 tablespoons chopped parsley shredded Parmesan cheese for topping
salt and pepper to taste
olive or avocado oil
optional seasonings: thyme, rosemary, fennel, taco, Italian,
Yield: 4Author: Nancy ChildressPrep time: 10 MinCook time: 10 MinTotal time: 20 Min
- 1/4 lb ground beef ( or ground meat of choice)
- 12 mushroom caps medium size plus stems
- 1/4 medium sized onion, diced
- 1-2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons red wine or broth
- chopped parsley
- shredded Parmesan cheese for topping
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive or avocado oil
- optional seasonings: thyme, rosemary, fennel, taco, Italian,
- Preheat oven to 375
- Prepare mushrooms, brush any dirt from mushrooms with dry paper towel.
- Remove stems, reserve.
- Using a small spoon or teaspoon, round out mushroom centers, add to stems.
- Finely chop mushroom pieces.
- Place mushroom caps on a shallow baking sheet.
- Drizzle mushrooms lightly with avocado or olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt. Brown ground meat in large heavy skillet.
- Add diced onion, garlic, mushroom stems and seasonings.
- Add wine or broth, allow liquid to absorb into meat mixture.
- Remove from heat and add chopped parsley.
- Using small spoon fill each mushroom with meat mixture.
- Top with shredded cheese. Bake on center rack until cheese is golden brown, garnish with chopped parsley.
Sat. Fat (grams)
34.30You can find everything you need for this recipe in my Amazon Store: Keto For Real Life People. As an affiliate I make a small commission off of each sale, the price you pay is not effected.Created using The Recipes Generator